The blazer is a masterpiece of every man wardrobe
There is different nuance in definition of blazers between American and English Oxford Dictionaries, American dictionary, more focusing on colored jackets, which used in school, college, club, or sports team uniforms but in American dictionary, it is a “sports jacket not worn with matching trousers”
What we identified from oldest civilization culture to these days is “separate single jacket worn with trousers or a contrasting pattern and colors and different material”.
The most important element of Blazers:
Buttons: The buttons are one of the few important features of a blazer – most of the time buttons are made of mother of pearl, Brass, pure silver especially for school or sports club made these buttons embossed with the logo and sign.
Fabrics colors: Solid color fabrics used in most of the time especially Navy blue, black, red and any other sold color. Solid colors are almost exclusively a shade of navy blue, green, white or red etc. As well as lightweight striped fabrics used uniforms blazers.The weight of fabrics used for blazers is heavier than suits fabrics. Usually made from worsted wool flannel, cashmere, and linen or cotton for summer and used for striped pattern fabrics.
Decorative details: On some occasions may use contrasting piping, embroidery, braiding trim or hand painting.
Blazer has an iconic role in the creation of big variation of the outfit and playing a most important role on mixing and matching, can be worn with a number of different vests, trousers, and shirts as well as ties combinations. In the following, I would like to provide some inspiration so you can create your own blazer outfit.
1) Higher contrast color between pant and blazers is better, like black and white, ivory and dark navy blue.
2) Blue flannel Blazer with Yellow or red trousers, as long as you can keep the sharp contrast between both
3) Casual chino pants and jeans, better to keep in light blue stone washed and pants close to the tan color as well as white.
4) Accessories need to be seen in one separate package (Ties, shoes, belts and pocket squares) need to keep all piece in the same line and in harmony , Any color shoes can be matched in above outfit variations, if I would like to choose top 3 colors shoes for my own outfit the brown tone especially light brown color shoes will come first in my mind, second of course black and olive green color should be my favorite colors.
5) Type of the shoes: Loafers, boat and wing type lace-up shoes are perfect, no sneakers, please.
Single and double breast: There are two important factors need to take in considerations one is the body shape which height, weight, and type of the body and second is an edge. Last 2 decade many designers tried to bring the double breast blazers to the youngest category but seem they did not have success, still single-breasted blazers is a favorite of all Gentlemen’s. The length of the double-breasted blazers has to be normal or long, the short length is not the good option because of many small details like lapels, absence of vents, pockets which creating a big problem on look and feel of the blazer.
What we need to know about Blazers
Blazers today is an important element of men’s clothing and play most important role in gentleman’s wardrobe and is considered suitable for any type of outfits such as casual,Dressy, business, evening and informal. It can be matched with a wide variety of entire wardrobe elements from pants, shirt, and all other accessories. Please keep in first place the role of your blazers in your wardrobe building because the blazer will likely be your number one garment in terms of versatility.