How significant can be damage of pandemics be over a professional’s wardrobe?
Working from home doesn’t mean that we abandon our wardrobe.
This wasn’t how we expected to find ourselves working from home, but since we’re here, allow me to share some wardrobe maintenance advice.
Indifferent from the outcome of pandemics, we need to go back to some normality and dress again in a meaningful way.
Building a proper wardrobe costs a lot of time and money. You need to take care of your wardrobe during the period of working from home.
Here are some simple steps you need to take to prevent partial or total losses of your wardrobe contents.
1) You should wear your suit at least two times a week, more than 1 hour at a time, especially your suit jackets. This way, you can keep your jackets in your body shape, and otherwise, they will be compromised totally. Because most designer suits are machine-made and Machin stitch is lock stitch, and dose does not have the elasticity of handmade suits.
2) keep your shoes in shoe-last (shoe trees). Otherwise, they will deform. Especially if your shoe construction is glue and blake based.
3) Dress shirts need to be cleaned and kept in the folded position, and avoid fluorescent lighting that will change your clothing color, especially a portion of the exposed area.
4) allow air Circulation in your wardrobe daily basis.
5) Wearing a business, formal suit increasing your discipline. Not wearing your suits for an extended period, you may have to gain weight consequences, which will compromise your wardrobe.
6) Wearing a desirable outfit have a very positive psychologic effect on your lifestyle. Try to set your mind for” You are wearing for yourself,” not for others.
7) All suits and jackets should stay in proper hangers. Lack of using the right hanger can damage your jackets and coats.
8) You will surprise by some of the wardrobe contents that will not fit you properly anymore. Try to wear them from time to time and save them.
9) Most white shirts, collars and cuffs will get yellow. Try to have drycleaned at least by-weekly indifference if you are wearing or not. If you do not wear it, kept packed in the folded position.